Old August 12th 17, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

Default Last Night

On 8/12/2017 2:17 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 08/12/2017 01:43 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/12/2017 11:13 AM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 08/11/2017 09:27 PM, PeterN wrote:
Yesterday the Sun was setting in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjzdozjtkczgeo7/20170810_skyline%20sunset_4129.jpg?dl=0

Very nice. Good composition. I like it.

There are two nits that I could pick:
1. The shadow areas seem to be a bit green. Maybe add just a bit of
magenta to the shadows?

Thanks for your comment.
I played with the shadow area green for quite a while. I probably
could do that with a luminescence selection, but I am not certain it
is worth the effort. I just thought of an easy way.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ne8jw8o9ccg7w/20170810_skyline%20sunset_4129%20mono.jpg?dl=0

That's cheating! It is, however, an equally good, but much different
photograph.

Thanks.

In GIMP, I can easily vary the color of either highlights, midtones, or
shadows. I have yet to find the way to vary the color of all densities
simultaneously. I mention this only because everyone knows that Linux
software, including GIMP is completely useless. According to the
resident "expert" on all things.

This "expert" has never posted any of his work. Perhaps he is afraid of
exposing his warts.

Some forget that this is a hobby for most of us. I've seen some nice
results from Gimp users and terrible results from users of other post
processing programs. (My images included.)

2. There is a crane on a building in the background far right that I
find annoying on third or fourth glance. You're a lawyer- couldn't
you have filed a writ to remove that crane before you took the photo?!

The crane is well protected. It is the official NYC bird.

I thought the official NYC bird was Bill de Blasio.

Don't get me started on NYC politics.

--
PeterN