Old October 14th 03, 05:23 PM
Unclaimed Mysteries

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

J C wrote:

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:32:25 -0500, Ron Hunter
wrote:

Still, were I to dig it out, I wouldn't take it to WalMart for printing.

Yes. Too bad really.

I think that most loud voices posting in this thread don't want to
acknowledge (or simply don't see) that freedoms are being erroded.

Here's another example of government gone wild:

In the early 1960s (or thereabouts) Chrysler puts seatbelts into some
of their cars and touts it in its marketing as a safety feature.

Soon thereafter the government mandates seatbelts in all cars.

In the 1980s the government decides that you must wear them, and if
you are stopped for any violation and are not wearing a seatbelt, you
get an extra fine. They also, however, stipulate that you cannot be
pulled over and fined solely because you are not wearing a seatbelt.

In the 1990s the government changes the laws. Now you can be pulled
over for simply not wearing one.

Our government takes small but ever increasing incremental steps
toward controlling our lives.

Now they we have cameras installed at stoplights and in some downtown
areas. And this too will spread.

We are being watched.

George Orwell was a prophet.

This sounds like something an "enemy combatant" might say.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

"Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." - US President
George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, October 2003