Old November 15th 04, 02:00 AM
YAG-ART

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:28:33 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
wrote:

"YAG-ART" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:11:46 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

In article ,
"David J. Littleboy" wrote:

Even worse, the CCD-based AF systems often focus on something contrasty

in
the background instead of your subject.

I've seen my Canon PS-400 do exactly the opposite; focus on something in
the foreground when my subject was further away.

Come to think of it, My S85 used to do that for landscape shots. It would
focus on the pavement at my feet even though the center 1/3 of the image was
all a long way away.

Remember the camrera doent know what the subject is, only the
photogrpaher does.

Yes, but that's not the only/major problem. You careful place the (single)
AF point over the subject but the camera finds something in the background
or foreground to focus on. The focus area in a lot of P&S cameras is just
too large.

I didn't know that. Shooting a DSLR I guess the p&s just don't come
close.