Old October 4th 04, 06:54 PM
Annika1980

I am quite familiar with unsharp masking and even more familiar with the
amount of time it takes to tweak it right.

Then you probably realize that the in-camera sharpening settings have no effect
when shooting in RAW mode.

So the question then becomes whether to apply the sharpening upon conversion.
Rather than be limited by using one fixed sharpening setting at conversion
time, I prefer to use Photokit Sharpener which has much greater flexibility and
offers the ability to do selective sharpening on certain parts of the image.

Granted, I don't spend a lot of time preparing the images I post here so every
once in awhile you may see hints of over-sharpening.