Old June 19th 13, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Cleaning a sony digital Lens

On 2013-06-19 12:49:01 -0700, said:

thanks all,

I was able to clean the front lens, to where
it looks much cleaner...BUT....

look at these 2 new test photos, after cleaning

http://imgur.com/jVLZGun

http://imgur.com/qqvUfCG

something else is wrong with the lens;
see the dark grey small cloud like spot?

I think I'm returning the camera

marc

What model Sony is that?

OK! I see that it is a DSC HX20V.
Was this used or a "store demo", or did you buy this unused & boxed?

I don't see how the "blotch" could be a sensor contamination problem,
unless it came from the factory in that condition. I would make another
lens cleaning attempt, as that looks like a grease or oil smear you
might have missed with your first clean.

Savageduck