Old May 23rd 12, 08:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rob

Default Nikon 70-300 VR lens

On 23/05/2012 10:35 AM, Rich wrote:
wrote in news:220520122032185186%
lid:

In ,

wrote:

Any thoughts on the Nikon 70-300 VR IF ED lens.

Most reviews gloss over the lens but no real user reports.

Wanting to buy it as a replacement lens but unsure if its any good.

it's a very good lens and well worth the money.

My other option is the Nikon 80-400 but the AF is slow mechanical

type
and not the SW focus.

that's an old lens and not that good. it doesn't have afs focusing and
its vr is first generation and not as good as the 70-300.

How's the one that replaced the 70-300, the 55-300mm? Better or worse?

I think that lens is a DX. I am after a D800 as well so this is not an
option.