Old October 20th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
Joseph Meehan

Default How to get rid of scratches on lens surface.

Paul L wrote:
Is there anything that can be used to improve the scratch severity of
a lens surface? On my fujifilm finepix digital camera the cover lens
is a flat, plstic like material.

I am not sure what a "Cover Lens" is. Is it in place when photos are
exposed or does it provide protection when not taking pictures? In any case
if you want to "improve the scratch severity" I would suggest sandpaper. :-)

While there are materials that can reduce scratches in plastics and are
available in automobile parts stores for headlight covers and the plastic
rear windows of convertibles I don't think I would use one on a camera.

On a glass lens a small scratch or chip can be "fixed" by the careful
application of a flat black material like India Ink.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit