Old November 22nd 03, 03:23 AM
Mister K

Default finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

Remember to think square.

I have once owned a Yashicamat, Mamiya 330, and a Bronica SQ-A ...
I miss square formats ... but I have switched to nature photography and
finding a 800mm lens for 6x6 is not easy.

Scotty Fitzgerald wrote:

It took me over a year to make the jump to a Seagull.

You would prob'y have to search an archive, I made a few posts
concerning costs. I labored over the decision for over a year, and
decided that the Seagull 109 was the way to go. I was very surprised
to find they had only one model with flash X synch, but since my
hand-me-down Mamiaya 35mm had that, I wanted to keep the feature. I
like having to have a seperate light meter, and look forward to
getting to use it with the old Mamiaya.

I would have liked something with interchangeable lenses, but that
would entail me having to carry around a camera that costs as much as
a used car.

I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for kind and helpfull
remarks in the past. I am running out now to take a few pictures.
---
Scotty Fitzgerald