Old June 30th 04, 10:33 PM
leo

Default hyperfocal distance

"M Barnes" wrote in message
eawckyegcy wrote:
leo wrote:

When using the concept of hyperfocal distance,
do we need to adjust for the smaller sensor on 300D?

It took me 10 seconds at www.google.com to find this
equation for the hyperfocal distance:

h = (f*f)/(N*c)

f = focal length, N = f-ratio, c = "circle of confusion" diameter.

'c' is going to be proportional to the size of a pixel, not the
sensor.

Well, give yourself a gold star, then. Anyway, isn't the
circle of confusion a characteristic of the lens, not the
sensor? Also, I believe the OP was asking if it's required
to adjust the "f" in your formula due to the _apparent_ focal
length adjustments required by fractional-frame sensor form
factors, n'est-ce pas?

The formula I found was based on 35mm and in fact, I simply use the chart. I
don't think the sensor size matters but I think I better inquire. Thanx.