Old June 29th 04, 01:07 PM
nesredep egrob

Default Stabilization Effectiveness Canon S1 IS vs Olympus 2100UZ?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:01:16 GMT, Bill wrote:

Has anyone compared the stabilization effectiveness of the Canon S1 IS
to the Olympus 2100UZ? I had a 2100UZ and I felt the stabilization was
much more effective than the Minolta Dimage A2 I have now. I was
looking at the Canon as a 2nd camera with long zoom and IS.

Please take the 7 out of my e-mail address.

Thanks

As of 14 days ago I now have both one and the other. Spent a holiday
in Borneo with them both and I am very pleased that the Canon is as
good and a little better than the Olympus - but remember I have just
had 10 days of a rushed holiday evaluating - most of that time spent
on the loo reading the instructions as hygene in Borneo has gone down
the shute over the last 2 years or so.

Would you believe - taken to an Iban (headhunters of the old fashioned
kind) longhouse sleeping 25 people in the same room with just a
mosquito net as a barrier between couples and you can imagine what the
toilet arrangements were. Organising letters to the health and tourist
ministry.

For your information, my stats a
Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gb memory,ADSL
200+200 GB of disc space,Oly C2100,Optio S,Sony 355E , Canon S1
Burners CD and DVD (Sony make)
Borge Pedersen :-)
Perth, Australia
http://members.iinet.net.au/~borge/SMbackups