Old January 16th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_9_]

Default Nikon macro lens recommendations

* Bruce is quoted & my replies are inline below :
I use a Nikon D80 & use a 60mm Micro Nikkor it is a very good lens for
flowers but the 105mm Micro Nikkor gives you that extra distance but at a
cost. I have found for butterfly & larger insects on flowers a telephoto
(200mm) with an extension tube/ring gives good results at less expense.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Suspect the 105 Nikkor may be a little too pricey,
but the 60mm would be right.

He's probably more into bugs than flowers. What's the working
distance like for that sort of thing?

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm