Old January 16th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_9_]

Default Nikon macro lens recommendations

* is quoted & my replies are inline
* below :
On Jan 15, 6:58*pm, Troy Piggins wrote:
I have a friend who wants to purchase a macro lens. *I don't
think he's new to macro photography, but /is/ new to macro. *He
asked me for recommendations on some lenses but I only have
experience with Canons. *(Please don't make this into a Nikon vs
Canon thing, I just need some advice to pass on)

snip /

My brother's friend swears by the Nikon AF 60mm f/2.8D Micro-Nikkor
Macro Lens
http://nikonusa.com/images/products/1987_360.jpg
In Canadian dollars it costs under $500.
Helen

Thanks Helen.

That lens is AU$541 delivered from one of the cheaper stores in
Sydney.
The Sigma 105mm is $500 from same store.

Worth the extra? Wonder what the working distance is.

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm