Old February 9th 05, 02:00 PM
Don Wagner

"Kevin McMurtrie "
wrote:
Which is martial art discipline is best for children??

Judo

Many people say Judo, but is there any reason why Tae Kwon Do or Kung Fu wouldn't be
just as good?

All kids roll around and wrestle. Encouraging them to punch and kick
is usually something parents try to discourage at early ages.

What age should kids start learning?

When they are physically capable of handling the cirriculm,
emotionally capable of dealing with competitive defeat and mentally
capable of understanding what they are doing.

I'd say 30 or 40...minimum.
;-)

It totally depends on the parent, kid, style and teacher. I've seen
5yr olds play judo very well. I've seen 12yr olds who should be in
lock-down in juvie hall.
--Don--
The beatings will continue until morale improves.