Old January 13th 05, 09:01 AM
Ken Tough

Tom Scales wrote:

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote
Personally, I don't see why everyone thinks the ED version is head &
shoulders above the "G" version. They sure look a lot alike to me in
construction etc; the only real difference seems to be that the D is more
retro, able to be used with older bodies. That one single ED element
wouldn't seem to matter so much.

Read every test.
Shoot them side by side.

The tests I've read say what Larry said, and say optically there
isn't much diffence.

The 'review of reviews' even pegs the G very slightly higher than
the D/ED, but both are 'average' (around 2.5-3 of 5). The MTF rank
for the ED is 2.4, but the G is unrated.

--
Ken Tough