Old January 12th 05, 05:24 PM
Tom Scales

Read every test.
Shoot them side by side.

You'll see
"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote in message
news:eUbFd.17749$c%.13836@okepread05...
Personally, I don't see why everyone thinks the ED version is head &
shoulders above the "G" version. They sure look a lot alike to me in
construction etc; the only real difference seems to be that the D is more
retro, able to be used with older bodies. That one single ED element
wouldn't seem to matter so much.

LRH

"hotchkisstrio" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for an affordable telephoto or telephoto
zoom for Nikon. I would like a good quality lens, but it does not have
be of the quality of a 80-200 VR f2.8.

Just something I can acquire for $500 or less and will give me good
snapshots of my kid playing pee-wee soccer from the other side of the
field.
And maybe an occasional picture of a bird.

I have a Nikon D70 with the 18-70 AFS-IF kit lens.

suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul H.