Old November 30th 04, 03:44 PM
Alan Browne

Viken Karaguesian wrote:
Hi all,

I've been wondering about these GE "Reveal" light bulbs. Can they be used
indoors for photography or are they not correctly color balanced? Until now,
I've been using an 81A (blue) filter when taking indoor pictures and
daylight balabced film.

Anyone know what color temp the lightbulbs are?

On the ge websites, the bulb has a bluish tint, so some 'warmth' will be
filtered out. They mention neodymium as an element in the glass that provides
filtering.

There is no meniton of the specific color temp. I've posted a question to them
asking the color temp.

What happens if you use flash with these bulbs?

Depends on the ratio of light between the two. A flash shot is a double
exposure where aperture/shutter applies to the ambeint light and aperture/flash
power applies to the flash light. Use an incident/flash meter to measure both,
if the flash light is 2 stops more than the ambient, then the coloration from
the ambient will probably not be perceptible (and the contribution won't be much
either).

Cheers,
Alan