Old October 7th 04, 05:59 AM
zeitgeist

Hi, I'm looking for a skilled amateur photographer based in Los Angeles

that
will be able to do occasional fashion product shots for a website I run.

Our
budget is limited, so we're trying to find someone that will work
inexpensively, perhaps a photography student or hobbiest.

Can anyone suggest a good directory (on or offline) of talented amateur
photographers, or suggest how I might go about finding the right person?

amazing, the number one thing that will show your products at their best,
the one thing that will SELL your work, or at least make it easy for your
customers to buy is the one thing you don't have a reasonable budget for.

Do you have an armature accountant set up your books? Is your web site
being set up with a software wizard or template?

are you going to have an armature stylist? or expect the model to know how
to do her own?

fine, here's a tip. go to some of the professional camera stores and look
at their bulletin boards for hungry wannabes posting for assistant's jobs,
(the kind of place would feature 'expendables and have a rental department
which is usually where the pushpin board is found) most of them are working
on their portfolios and are likely to compromise their fee and integrity for
a chance. That would be better than the hack wedding photographer/TFP
softporn shooter you are likely to have fill your mailbox with if you post
on a public board.

Does LA Trade-Tech still have a photo program? (I went there in 71-72)