Old October 4th 04, 12:24 AM
GT40

On 03 Oct 2004 20:44:21 GMT, ospam (Maw888) wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. The ASMP looks like a good resource.

This is the first time I'm hiring a photographer. Are there any ballpark
figures as far as hourly rates for photography students/assistants on a
part-time basis (maybe 5-10 hours a week)? I know it would vary a lot by the
individual, but what would be a reasonable range? Are they usually paid hourly
or by the job? Also, do they typically get reimbursed for expenses (commuting,
etc.), or are their rates usually all inclusive? If we can commit to giving
them regular work (e.g. a 6 month contract), how flexible would most
photographers be on their rates (compared to a one-time project)?

Depends what you agree to on the contract.

We need product shots of women's fashion (garments, handbags, etc.), ideally on
a white background, but not necessarily. They need to be professional-looking,
but not studio/magazine quality. Can these easily be done on location with
portable lighting that most photographers would be likely to already have?

They can be done with lighting, or they may choose not to use
artifical light. Let the photographer decide, thats what you are
paying them for.