Old July 1st 04, 11:01 PM
Jimmy Smith

Default boke?

"Paul H." wrote in message
news

"Jimmy Smith" wrote in message
OK I know it gets asked from time to time, but we have a new crop of

new
students on the bbs including myself. How do you pronounce "boke?" Do

you
put the emphasis on the first or second syllyble? Also, I think it

refers
to the blur behind my focused subject. Is this correct?

The two-syllable word "boke" is pronounced like the "yble" in syllyble and
refers to the pleasant brown blur seen through the bottom of an empty
Guinness Stout bottle. And I prefer the plural to the singular, if you

get
my drift.

Dang, the things you find out on usenet! Thar' ye go, Mr. Jimmy

"Clever-ass
moniker" Smith.

Uhhhhhhhh..... You're a drinker.