Old January 25th 17, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default epson colour printing

On Jan 24, 2017, Stewart wrote
(in article ):

I have an Epson XP-405 printer and despite using genuine Epson inks the
printed colours are not right. The pinks and Magenta are coming out
yellowish and even a scarlet red is a dull yellow. I have cleaned the
heads, unticked the grey scale, checked the driver, done all I can think of
including trying to reset the colours from the colour chart (circle).
Can anyone give me advice? I am reluctant to disconnect the printer and
then have to reinstall it with all its software.
Thank you

To start with there are a few things that we need to know:

What computer OS are you using?

Do you have a calibrated display?
Even just using the basic calibration instructions will be better than
nothing if the calibration has been screwed up.

What software are you using to print?

Are you using update/current drivers for the XP-405?

Are you selecting appropriate paper type via the driver?

Savageduck