Old July 9th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default 120 film near SFO

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 7/8/2008 1:51 PM Hamish Reid spake thus:

In article ,
Alan Browne^ wrote:

I'll be arriving at SFO next week.

Is there a good store with 120 near the airport?

Velvia 100, 100F, E100G, ...

Depends on what you mean by "near", but the nearest might be Keeble and
Shuchat in Palo Alto: http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/main.html; a
little further away, but maybe easier to get to, in SF itself, is (of
course!) Calumet:
http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?ac.u...reLocDetail&ac.
comp.locID=SF. They both had 120 film when I was last there, but I
haven't been to K&S for a while so they may do only digital now. And
there's my fave photo store in Berkeley, Looking Glass
http://www.lookingglassphoto.com/ which still does film, but it's not
near the airport in any sense.

Other than, I don't know -- I haven't done film in years -- but I suspect
there's not much near the airport itself...

There' a store much closer than any of those--Kaufmann's in San Mateo
(http://www.kaufmannscameras.com). They used to have another store in San
Bruno, which is *very* close to SFO, where I used to shop when I lived
there, but unfortunately it closed in 2006.

I agree with you; Looking Glass is my favorite also. Say hi to Bruce
(Kaplan, owner) next time you're there.

I'll throw in Photographers Supply on the north side of Bryant St in San
Francisco between Second and Third Streets.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/photographer...an-francisco-2