Old September 13th 07, 08:31 AM posted to aus.photo,fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital
Ricco

Default You can with a Nikon, not with a Canon ;-))

Matt Ion wrote:
Sosumi wrote:
"Matt Ion" wrote in message
Sosumi wrote:

So I found something on the net: tape all contacts of the camera
or flash with paper or tape, except the middle one.
Any camera with hotshoe will do that with any hotshoe flash.

That´s all. The camera thinks it has no flash and all automatic
stuff is gone, but the flash DOES fire!!
No ****, Sherlock! Check out any non-dedicated generic flash and
any older camera that doesn't support dedicated flash - ALL they
use is the center contact! Wow!

So I was able to FREEZE falling water from the tap in the kitchen.
Very cool!!
Neat, you've just re-discovered one of the first things ever done
with the invention of the camera flash.

You just have to play with the aperture and the amount of flash a
little.
Pick up a cheap non-dedicated flash... they have this little chart
on the back that tells you what aperture to use at what distance
for any given ISO speed. Wow, you're right on top of things with
this radical new technique!

I did read most Canon camera´s can´t do this trick.
You read wrong.

Just shot this with my 300D and 420EX flash. No contacts taped up,
flash set to high-speed sync, camera set to 1/4000, f/11, ISO200.

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/1-4000_flash.jpg

Unsharp, outta focus and too dark. What else, genius?

You didn't ask for focus or exposure, you asked for flash sync at
1/4000s. Any other comments, idiot?

You quote and read wrong: I wrote "except for the older ones" What
do you call a 300D? New model? Practically a dinosaur.
Try it with a "modern" Canon like the D400.

A four-year-old camera is "a dinosaur"? Wow... then what would my
1956-vintage Argus C-3 be? The 400D (not D400) is the younger brother
to the 300D. Seeing as it's essentially a newer version of the same
camera, and can use the same 420EX flash, how would it be any
different in this regard?

Vous parlez de quoi ?
je ne voudrais pas déranger.
Ricco