Old April 10th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joseph Meehan

Default What kind of bird is this?

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:57:43 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Robert"
wrote:

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" wrote in message
A bit off topic, but I'll be grateful if someone can help me
identify the bird in the first shot on this page:

http://posted-online.com/NWC/

I think it's an Igret, but I'd like to know for sure. (It's hiding
in the bottom right-hand corner.)

Thanks.

-Joel

Blue Heron

More properly known as a Great Blue Heron, no?

Yes and there is a Little Blue Heron as well, but that one looks like a
Great Blue. I get to see a lot of them while I am rowing. They are
impressive birds, especially when they slowly pass by at eye level going the
same direction I am rowing.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit