Old July 11th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Future Safe ? :- Batteries for Hasselblad 503CW & Minolta Maxxum7xi

42FHMXZ7 wrote,on my timestamp of 11/07/2010 12:45 PM:

I have made the switch to digital photography Panasonic Lumxix TZ3 &
Sony a-900 a while ago but I wanted to know how long will it be before
medium format film production and the batteries for the Hasselblad and
the Minolta Maxxum 7xi is stopped ?

People have predicted the disappearance of medium format film since 35mm
photography started, nearly 70 years ago or thereabouts. They were wrong.

As for batteries: what's that got to do with film or digital cameras?

FYI: I Have a Nikon F with an FTN finder for which I still regularly get new
batteries. That camera is much older than the Maxxum and likely as old as the
Hassy. And last time I looked most old Hassys can work without batteries.

Do people think these cameras will still be working in 20-30 years
i.e. will parts be available like batteries .

Oh, I don't know, with the proliferation of digital cameras one never knows how
many battery operated devices will be obsolete...

Ah yes: the oldest camera I have is the F, dates from 68 and it still works
better than most digitals I've got.
So yes, they'll be operational in 20-30 years.

Your current digital cameras will have ceased to work long before that.

Are you just scamming again or is this the Sunday troll?