Old November 27th 04, 12:37 AM
william kossack

Default Quality photo printers under $200

I'm in the market for one or two photo printers

One for my wife and maybe one for me

My wife wants to just connect the printer to the camera and print. I've
noticed two ways of connecting. One is by cable. The other is by
putting the card into the printer.

The cable connection seems a bit harder to manage especially with
different cameras having different cables etc. The card reader is maybe
a bit hard in that different cameras can have different format cards.

Is one better or easier than the other?

For the under $200 range how is the quality? My wife wants mainly
smaller prints. She is not likely to print anything as large as 8x10
but I could see her using the printer for printing text. I may do
larger prints but I like to process my images through photoshop.

All the printers I've seen in the stores have good prints on display
near them.

After a quick read of this group I can see that both canon and epson
are liked by some and hated by some. HP seems to not be mentioned in
the likes as often but that is after a quick read.

It would be nice to have some compatability in ink cartridges between
the two printers. What printers should I look at?