Old February 17th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

Default Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/17/2011 2:32 AM, Richard Knoppow wrote:
If your Wide-Field Ektar has satisfactory contrast and
color rendering its a good indication that the problem with
the C-E was not the coating. The WF Ektar has the same
coating plus it has _four_ glass-air surfaces.

That's true and I do use a LOT of cameras from that time period with
single coated and even uncoated lenses so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Another experience, I ran into the same sort of problem with a 135mm
xenar LF lens. It was a -horrible- lens where the 75mm xenar on my
rolleicord is a wonderful one. So just because a lens has more elements
in my experience doesn't mean it's always a better performer.

Stephe