Old October 30th 05, 06:57 AM
Joan

Default suitable camera for auto's

In low light, if you need to use flash and you want to show the number
plates, you might have problems with reflective plates using a small P&S.

--
Joan

"Bill" wrote in message ...
CNN_news wrote:

I want to take pictures of automobiles with their new owners on dealers
lots.

Almost any digital camera would suffice for this purpose. Something with
3 megapixels is more than enough, unless you intend to blow up the image
for putting on a wall.

I know I will need a tripod

You don't need a tripod if you're taking shots outdoors, unless it's at
night time. Available light should be more than adequate with any
camera.

but what type of digital camera would give
good images because I need to make a print of it on a photo printer.

This is the only key factor...you need to be able to print quickly, so
the camera should have a removable memory card to use on a computer, or
be able to print directly to a printer.

Do you have a budget or any other needs?