Old January 26th 04, 01:52 AM
Patrick Gainer

Default the effects of aging on developers

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

"Ken Hart" wrote

If you _absolutely,_positively_ had to use some old developer

Reference for information: "Lootens on Photographic Enlarging
and Print Quality." Available from Abebooks and Amazon for
$1.25 and up, a bargain.

In the old days, old developer was used 1:1 with fresh developer
to shift warm tone paper farther towards the warm end.

I can't say I have tried it, as my warm-tone paper stock went
with the use of the last of my Agfa Portriga (?).

WBUAT: Is there a modern equivalent of the old warm tone papers
among all these Bergers and Kentmeres and Rajahs ...

There was also advice to add Sodium Carbonate to old developer
to revitalize it. Somewhere around 1/2 oz Na2CO3 to 32 oz
shot developer.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio

All I can say is I'm 76 years old and still developing. Sorry, I
couldn't resist.