Old January 26th 04, 12:51 AM
Dan Quinn

Default nose/eye fume irritation and cheap ventilation

Tom Phillips wrote

Dan Quinn wrote:
Currently I'm working with Photographer's Formulary 60% ammonium
thiosulfate. I would class the concentrate as oderless, fumeless. At
a 1:31 dilution and in a tray, I can detect no oder.

I have to wonder if at 1:31 anyone would notice much of an oder even from
F-5 .

And that's single bath; 1:63 two bath. Per/liter of concentrate,
8x10s; 208, 160, 128, Kodak, Ilford, My usage.

The ratio for F-5 would be 1:7 or 1:15 two-bath; a 60% concentrate vs
a 15% working strength. A fluid volumn of 250ml at one or the other of
those ratios and fixers will fix one 8x10. I'm quite sure of that but
do have more testing to do. Dan