Old June 13th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jane Galt

Default Best Coolpix for HD and low light too?

I'd like to consider a newer purse sized Coolpix. I have the 4500 which is
nice, but not exactly purse sized.

I like to do a bit of low-light shooting without flash, so it looks like the
S8000 isnt up to that, though the 10x optical zoom sounds nice.

I enjoy mostly scenery and non-flash shots of our shoulder pet birds.

My purse cam is now a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S750 but the image quality isnt as
nice as the Coolpix. I suspect Nikon makes better quality lenses?

So suggestions?

I need to keep this in the under $300 street price range.