Old August 29th 04, 07:35 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

ABC writes:

Am I just imagining things? I find that in many low light situations
(e.g. indoor with just normal house lights) digital camera can at
least take a picture and show you the image when a film camera cannot
, eventhough the DC is set to the same ISO as the film.

Why?

Perhaps because you can hand-hold it at lower shutter speeds than a
film camera. There's no shutter or mirror slap. It's lighter (mixed
bag). And there are easier ways to brace the camera while viewing the
LCD than there are to hold an SLR to your head.