Old June 15th 17, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Travel without a camera

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 06:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

--- snip ---

Oh yes! I can try all kinds of exciting things which are not possible
in a Mac. :-)

I can run windows on my Mac, I could have even got the recent wannacry but sadly I could get infected by that unless running windows, I'm not sure how I can live without such a feature.
Does you're PC say it can't run Mac OS X somewhere in the instructions or perhaps on the box or case.

Can you install an Nvidia GTX 1070 graphics card?

No, why would I want to it displays 4K graphiccs my imac can display 5K graphics with built in card, Plus I'm not really a games player my friend is who prefers macs, but has a PC for playing games in his spare time and he recenty brought a card for half the cost of the GTX 1070 and it works for him.
So you don;t need that graphics card even as a gamer why do you feel you need one ?

But if you really want a good graphics card why not go for the NVIDIA Quadro GP100 graphics card ?

Because itss only just coming available.

So you have a PC and upgradable PC I assume, just swop it out, sorted surely.

Because it's a work station card.

SO yuo cant put it in your PC. Perhaps yuo brought the wrong PC.

It's not the best suited to photography.

Because it costs several arms and a leg.

3 times the cosy of my iMac.

So you went for a cheaper card so you could get 4K well I have 5k on my iMac so I dont need to change my graphics card to get 4k or 5k.

So what advantages does your new 4K graphics card have over what I have.
AMD Radeon Radeon R9 M295X 4GB

Has your card got a thunderbolt connector for using with 2 5K displays ?

Nope, and I don't want/need one.

Eric Stevens