Old October 12th 12, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Seeking recommendation for Laptop (Windows) suitable for photography

Savageduck wrote:

I'm not defending anything. I'm merely pointing out that MAC OS (by the
MAC EULA) is only to be installed on macintosh hardware. Other operating
systems have no such restriction that I'm aware of.

I still wonder why anybody would actually want to install OSX on
non-Apple hardware.

because they already have the non-apple hardware.

but what's happening is that when it comes time to replace that
non-apple hardware, people are buying macs instead. they get os x, and
they can continue to run their older windows software until that too is
updated with mac versions.