Old October 12th 12, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Seeking recommendation for Laptop (Windows) suitable for photography

In article , ray
wrote:

Please don't preach to me about MS restrictions - I don't use it.

Then why defend it.

I'm not defending anything. I'm merely pointing out that MAC OS (by the
MAC EULA) is only to be installed on macintosh hardware. Other operating
systems have no such restriction that I'm aware of.

so what?

people buy computers to do things, not swap parts.

Personally, I don't see much point in spending hundreds of dollars every
time you want to upgrade the OS or to buy applications to make your
computer useable for whatever purposes you have in mind.

hundreds of dollars? what are you talking about? mountain lion is $20
for an unlimited number of computers you own.

as for apps, what's your time worth? if a $100 app works better than a
free app and saves you time and does a better job, then you come out
ahead.