Old October 12th 12, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Seeking recommendation for Laptop (Windows) suitable for photography

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

MS licenses are genrally far more retrictive, any mac app I buy I can
install on all my home machines at no extra cost, now could you do that at
home with MS Word, legally of course.

You might look at some of the "family" or "student" licences which
Microsoft offer. They are available for MS Office, I understand, and
possibly for Windows as well.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/micros...2010-with-mcaf
ee-internet-security-2012-17666741-pdt.html

that's just 3 licenses, plus it's home and student, not ultimate.

apple's mountain lion is $20 for as many macs as you own. there is no
limit on number of machines nor are there dumbed down home versions.
$20 gets you *everything*.

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/

Don't forget that for a limited period, Microsoft is offering Windows-8
upgrade licences for about £14, IIRC.

you can thank apple for that. if apple didn't offer mountain lion for
$20, microsoft wouldn't have cut their price either.

Oh, and you can get free "Office" syuites:

http://www.openoffice.org/
http://www.libreoffice.org/download

and run the same software on PC, Ma and Linux.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

they mostly work, but if you need full office compatibility, you need
the real thing.