Old August 19th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Martin Riddle

Default Video card for photo work

"Larry Thong" wrote in message
m...
Martin Riddle wrote:

I was actually looking at the Dell Ultrasharp 24" to replace my
samsung 700ift, The ultrasharp has a Displayport.
Unfortunately all the video cards that have a displayport, are power
hungry 48xx stuff. O well.....

Why not just build a good system with a hefty power supply? My video
card
has two 8-pin power connectors and both are filled. The power supply
didn't
even burp!

Actually the 4890 has ok power dissipation. 45w idle and 120w full 3d
Some of the earlier radeon and nvidia stuff was much higher.
My 450w supply should be fine, as it is now with the 60W 9400 GT card.

Cheers