Old August 15th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Martin Riddle

Default Video card for photo work

"Bowser" wrote in message
. com...

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message
I'm looking for a new video card thats good with working with images.
Dual monitor support etc...
I have a GT9400, which doesn't seem to be very good color wise. The
onboard Intel graphics seemed better.
Eventually I will get a spider and do color correction.

But what are you guys using?, out of curiosity. ATI, Nvidia, what
mfg?

NVidia FX 3700. It's very good. But, if I were buying a card and
monitor today I'd go for one of the cards and monitors that offer
Displayport interface. I understand it can pass more info than DVI. I
think...

I was actually looking at the Dell Ultrasharp 24" to replace my samsung
700ift, The ultrasharp has a Displayport.
Unfortunately all the video cards that have a displayport, are power
hungry 48xx stuff. O well.....

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers