Old March 7th 05, 09:27 AM
Terry Pinnell

"John DH" wrote:

To scan a slide, a flatbed scanner must illuminate the subject from above,
i.e. a scanner built for the job has a light built into the lid. Trying to
scan any other way just won't work. String engineering doesn't really work
either. I would suggest paying a visit to someone like jessops for a new
scanner, or if it's a one off job sub it out.

I know this probably isn't the answer that your looking for, but, if you
don't use the correct tool for the job, you will spend years regretting it.

By the way, how old and how many slides?

John D

Thanks both. Looks like a lost cause then! Maybe a new scanner...

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK