Old March 7th 05, 08:11 AM
Terry Pinnell

Default Scanning 35mm slides?

Is there any way I can scan old 35mm slides successfully with my
standard (AstraSlim) scanner on my XP PC please? Efforts so far with
combinations of high resolution, varied brightess/contrast, white
sheet behind, etc, have all produced muddy blurs.

I see some scanners come with a 'slide adaptor'. What exactly are
these, and can they be obtained separately, or even improvised?

Alternatively, anyone successfully used other ways of digitising these
old slides please? How about the combination of one of those portable,
battery-powered slide holders, or a normal screen/wall projector,
together with digicam on a tripod?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK