Old March 2nd 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

Default 50-year-old Zeiss SLR

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message

"David J Taylor"
wrote
in message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
"David J Taylor"

wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
"David Ruether" wrote in message

"Tully Albrecht" wrote in message

Just put up a page about my latest toy (sold on eBay this
week),
the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex, with one sample image each from the
three lenses. I really don't feel I was able to get the best
from
the scanned print of the stormy sky, but it was a "one hour
photo"
cheapo, and my desktop scanner isn't anything to rave about
either. http://web.mac.com/olddognewtrick/iWeb/Site/Zeiss.html

Ah, sigh, this brings back memories of using a borrowed
Contaflex
with the earliest Kodachrome (ASA 10!), which was my first
experience with an SLR. How time flies...
--
David Ruether

www.donferrario.com/ruether

\

That makes you older than dirt !!

I recall as a youngster reading about ASA 6.4 Kodachrome, but my
recollection isn't very good! Oh, and I'm not yet drawing a
pension. Oh, and another sign of the times: "Kodachrome" isn't
in
the spelling checker! David

6.4 ASA? I thought it was 64.

Oh, yes, when I was using Kodachrome the speed was ASA 25, and then
an ASA 64 version became available. The ASA 10 (and perhaps even
6.4) would have been the 1950s or earlier....

David

You are indeed older than dirt.

If I remember correctly, Ectachrome was ASA 32?

Gosh Rudy you must be senile. It's Ektachrome.