Old August 23rd 05, 03:57 AM
Mike Warren

MarkČ wrote:
In Brazil, we had a "hot box" for sensitive electronic equipment like
video cameras, etc.
All it consisted of was a wooden box, a hinged door, and a standard
light bulb that always stayed lit in side. This would basically keep
it relatively dry inside and free of mold, condensation, etc.
Worked a charm.

That worked well for me in Auckland, but in a hot humid environment
like Cairns the temperature needs to be kept down as well. Excessive
heat will shorten the life of the electrolytic capacitors.

I store my camera gear in an area which is usually airconditioned.

-Mike