Old August 23rd 05, 02:42 AM
frederick

pixby can't stop himself from proving he is a ****head:

I missed one important "feature" of this new camera which will stuff up
many people's plans to own one - Well all the humans who live north and
south of Paradise's boarder on the equator anyway. Operating Humidity is
maximum 85%. I guess that cuts out all you rain forest nuts. Orchid
growers and beach dwellers in those wonderful tropical islands!

And the Nikon D2X spec is ... what?

Hint: virtually all electronic devices have a specified "operating
environment" that limits relative humidity to ~90%, "non condensing".
But of course, to the Nikon Nutcase, the normal laws of physics do not
apply to the object to their religion...

Don't know about the D2x, but the D70 is also 85% humidity (no
condensation). I guess it's a "cover-all" clause by the makers to try
to limit liability for failure due to internal corrosion/water damage.
There wouldn't be too may places o earth where the temp is always
between 0 and 40C with humidity less than 85%.
The product has to be fit for it's intended use according to consumer
protection laws in most countries. If it isn't, then such a clause is
meaningless, as intended use for such a camera is not solely for use in
temperature and humidity controlled environments.