Old May 19th 17, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

On Thu, 18 May 2017 08:22:54 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/18/2017 12:49 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2017 00:37:33 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/18/2017 12:07 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2017 15:55:30 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

There is more to it than that. The colors look slightly off and the
lightin is peculiar. I have had a quick go at one of your shots with
Photoshop although this required dabbling in unfamiliar territory. See
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6dbcdd34m...3-EES.jpg?dl=0

Now the sky is purple...

Hmm.
Talk about ambiguity.
Song, or LGBT?

Nah, I'm a boring person. It's neither, just an objective comment. I.

wish I could do better...

You can. The same way you get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice,
practice. ;-)

You're not the only one who misunderstood what I meant, so I'm going
to have to blame myself. I meant better at clever responses to things
like your "sky is purple" question. In fact, I wasn't even aware of an
LGBT reference. I'm falling behind in cultural awareness...

Seriously, the only one you need to please is yourself. We don't all
like the same thing. When, not if, I produce something that others don't
like, I try to sit back and see is it me, or the viewer
Two examples:
In this image I deliberately oversaturated the colors, and oversharpened
for the effect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg51cxzw9xlp8io/Inedible.jpg?dl=0

A more realistic view of the wild turkey:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao4wqtcalfsrlma/Thanksgiving%20escapee.jpg?dl=0

If you decide to enter competitions, have a thick skin. Here is one that
i really like. It did very well at my local CC and in our parent
organization, but it did not get a ribbon at NECCC, several years ago.
when I picked up the print, one of the judges volunteered that they
really liked the image, but if I had shown the eyes, it would have won
some placement. To me the image was the chimps appearing to be studying.
Had I lightened the eyes of the right hand chimp, it would not be the
same image. i simply thanked the judge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w752wmkxu6aqg5r/the%20cxonference.jpg?dl=0