Old October 14th 03, 04:32 PM
Ron Hunter

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

gr wrote:
"Kiddie porn", if it doesn't actually involve real incidents of rape, is
nothing more than lewd photos. As such, it is quite unsurprising to see the
moral majority step in and outlaw such victimless crimes. This behaviour
fits Texas well, as well as anti-sodomy laws, anti-gay laws, etc. It's not
the "kiddie-porn" that sickens me, it's the self-righteous attitude of the
"moral majority".

... and the U.S. calls itself a "free" society!

"Mxsmanic" wrote

Here's what happens when you dare to photograph your own children:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...l/1/index.html

Yet another argument for digital photography, I guess. Or you should
develop your own film. Then again, maybe both of these would be
considered "suspicious activities" in themselves.

There are limits, but the current laws in responce to an attitude of
hysteria go MUCH too far. The current laws use the word 'provocative'.
What may provoke one might be simply 'cute' to another. Somewhere I
have an old picture of my niece that is unmistakenly 'provocative', but
it is no way lewd, or lacivious, nor does it show anything sexual.
Still, were I to dig it out, I wouldn't take it to WalMart for printing.