Old December 22nd 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Replacing leather handle (was Busch Pressman...)

On 12/21/2008 12:59 PM John J spake thus:

It is zero Fahrenheit here right now. Got the walk shoveled, and now
I'm staring at a Deardorff 8x10 that needs a leather handle. I can
make one. But the two metal retaining strips are missing. I do not
have a metal bender (brake). And I can't find any split rivets.

Any ideas?

Aren't those just the thin sheet metal strips that run the length of the
handle? Should be able to cut those out of thin sheet with a pair of
tinsnips, I'd think. Unless you're talking about something else. (I've
repaired handles that way using tin cans before.)

- Paulo Freire