Old September 18th 04, 07:33 PM
Gordon Moat

Scott Chapin wrote:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but why would Nikon manufacture the F6?

There is still a market for high end film cameras. Therefore, there are still
profits to be made.

With
digital technology moving the way it is, is their anyone desirous of
spending the motherlode on a new film based camera?

According to sales figures for cameras, the short answer is yes. However, it
seems that you are already sold on direct digital, so I doubt you would be a
customer for an F6.

Would it really offer
features that you can't live without, if you are already shooting with an F5
and waiting for digital to be reasonably perfected?

I only rent these when needed. What I found was that I often found an F100
easier to use, though an F5 is slightly more capable under some situations. So
if a rental for an F6 came up, I would probably rent one prior to getting an
F100, or an F5. It might even be the situation that I would like one enough to
buy one, though I always try to rent and try before I buy.

Scott Chapin

When one comes to a store near you, go check it out, and see what you think.
You might be surprised . . . or not.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio