Old September 14th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Default Canon 40D vs Nikon D300 Comparison

MokiDuck wrote:
On 13 Eylül, 23:04, "Gino" wrote:

I also like the Canon lens range, and for me personally lenses are more
important than the body, as long as the body is capable of getting the shots
I want.

Yes you are right I think. So I'm gonna buy a 40D and a compatible
good quality lens with it. Thank you all very much... By the way have
you got any suggestions about the lens??

How can you decide on a camera make until you have a
very very *very* clear idea what kinds of lenses
(plural, not singular) you'll want to use?

Or, at least how can you decide on an expensive
camera... I would agree that if you are just starting
out, and really have no idea what kinds of work (and
therefore which lenses), it might be hard to choose.
But I wouldn't recommend a $1000+ camera that locks
you into a line of lenses that you might not want...

To me, "compatible good quality lens" means you will
eventually spend more money on glass than you will on
the body. That is typical, unless you have a very
narrow interest in only one specific type of
photography.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)