Old February 20th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Karl Winkler

Default ANTIQUE ?

On Feb 20, 1:47 pm, "Little Juice Coupe" wrote:
Anyone remember:

DYCAM MODEL 1 / Logitech FotoMan - 1990http://www.digicamhistory.com/1990.html

Ah, the good old days. Ugly, poor quality pictures, but digital none the
less.

ljc

That's a cool site!

Back in 1982, I was using some kind of camera that had 282K Pixel
resolution, B&W only, at the University of New Mexico engineering
department. If we wanted color, we took three exposures, each through
a red, green and blue filter, respectively. Obviously, it was only for
fixed subjects and it was set up on a copy stand. We were writing
programs in C to manipulate the image files, doing things like
sharpening, etc. At the time, I was pretty proud of that 0.28 MP!!!

My first digicam purchase was in early 2002 before my daughter was
born: I could see that even a basic camera (this was a 1.3MP Canon)
would be great for sticking photos on the web for relatives, etc.

My oldest camera is an Ica from 1922, originally designed for glass
plates, but I've used it with 9x12cm sheet film.

http://www.karlwinkler.com/Ica.html

-Karl