Old January 9th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_3_]

Default Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Jürgen Exner
wrote:

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

Unfortunately Nikon is following the herd and switched to SD for compacts
and lower end dSLR.

disagree. sd is far more robust than cf (impossible to get bent pins
and it's sealed). hopefully they migrate all cameras to it.

And it has a write-protect tab. Consider taking lots of cards and no other
storage on a trip. Use a card, write protect it, grab another card. No
risk of wiping a used card :-)