Old August 3rd 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
measekite

Default New - Panasonic DMC-FZ18 - 28 - 504mm zoom

David J Taylor wrote:
See:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0707/07...asonicfz18.asp

With a Leica 28mm wide-angle lens and 18x image-stabilised optical zoom.

Cheers,
David

I am curious to read the reviews. The sensor and the Venus III
processor appears to be the same except the cramming an extra 1 MP in
there. So we have a wider longer slower lens. I wonder if either the
noise is worse or the smearing of the artifacts is worse or possible
both when compared with the FZ8.

I am wondering is the long zoom digital (all of them including the Canon
S5) have hit a wall and larger sensors are necessary to get improved and
larger image quality. If so Canon has the most to gain/lose since the
want to improve the S5 to keep up with the competition but to not want
to tread on their entry level DSLR's.